To make the multifaceted involvement of fair trade players in Berlin’s metropolitan life even more visible – and since you can simply achieve more by joining forces – we have teamed up and founded the Action Alliance for Fair Trade Berlin.
From the outset, it has been supported by over 30 organisations and individuals. They represent business, politics, administration and civil society and are actively involved in Fair Trade.
And we want to grow! By joining forces a powerful alliance will emerge that will help transform production and consumption patterns for the better in Berlin.
Our structure is designed to foster long-term collaboration as well as joint strategic projects and actions.
We establish an innovative association that:
- further advances Fair Trade information, education and campaign work
- promotes strong network of fair trade players in Berlin
- generates greater public visibility of the issue
- as a central point of contact, provides information on the issue of fair trade for all interested parties in Berlin.
Our alliance does not only bring together the combined fair trade expertise of our stakeholders. It also provides bundled and consolidated information on Fair Trade in Berlin, such as:
- Information about current events and activities
- Opportunities to get involved in campaigns
- Regular newsletters and press releases
- A Fair City Map – with hundreds of addresses to fair cafes, shops, schools, clubs and municipalities
- Recommendations of experts and speakers on specific issues related to fair trade
We encourage interested parties to draw on this concentration of knowledge. For all players already actively working on issues of fair trade can benefit from our strong network with high-profile channels for their own activities and campaigns.
Aktionsbündnis Fairer Handel Berlin
c/o Baobab e.V.
Am Sudhaus 2